Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Birthday, Sophie

Today is my daughter's birthday. She has turned 14. I can't believe how fast time is speeding by and how quickly she is growing up. I won't embarrass her with a photo from her childhood or some story about the silly things she's done. I'm lucky enough that she was cool with me using her name in the book. Instead, I'll just publicly state, once again, how proud I am of her and how much I love her.

Julie and I have been blessed with a wonderful, thoughtful daughter whose enormous empathy outshines most of the teenagers I've met, and Jacob has to consider himself one of the luckiest brother's alive.

Happy Birthday, Sophie.

Okay, I'll embarrass her just a little by playing this Bryan Adams song that I happen to like a lot. It's the one I consider to be her song.  Wait, maybe this embarrasses me more than her.


No comments:

Post a Comment