Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Braces Kid

Jacob got braces last week and we thought the next year was going to be traumatic for all of us. The first night, I've never heard him cry in pain so hard and for so long. There wasn't a dry eye in the house that evening.

The next day, his mouth was still sore and he was irritable because he couldn't eat any of his favorite foods... which are basically the ONLY foods he eats. Besides milkshakes and glasses of whole milk there was nothing he could eat.

The third day, however, things began to take a turn for the better and he's been improving ever since. Tomorrow will be a full week and Jacob's been a real champ. The kid seems to be taking the new addition to his mouth in stride and he's back to being his wise cracking self.

I know, kids get braces all the time, but Jake endures so much in his daily life that this seemed like too much. I'm really proud of how he's doing. He's really maturing.

Speaking of maturing, Sophie has high school orientation tomorrow.  WTF?! I'm sitting here listening to INXS, a band whose music I played when I was in high school... when I was HER AGE! Is INXS classic rock? Am I old?

Damn.

1 comment: