Thursday, April 9, 2015

I have been a jackass; don't hold it against my son

I know. I've been terrible at sending "thank you" responses to all of you awesome people who have donated to Great Strides in the past couple of years. Please... please, please, please... don't let that affect whether you'll make a donation to Great Strides this year. Want to be pissed at me, that's cool. I deserve it. I've been a jackass and let a general malaise hover over me like a storm cloud that refuses to rain. But this isn't about me. It's about Jacob and the thousands of other children and adults living with cystic fibrosis.

What can I do to make it up to you? Want a short story? I'll write you one. A short film? May take a little time, but consider it done. A copy of King's Highway? Send me your address and it's in the mail. A copy of Basement Songs? Okay.

I love my son more than any words on a blog can get across. I do not have thousands of dollars to donate to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to continue their groundbreaking research on treatments for the disease and progress toward a cure. So I must turn to you, my friends.

I apologize. And I beg you, please consider donating. When we say every little bit helps, I'm not just feeding you a line. If 250 people donate just $20, Jacob reaches his goal of $5,000. That's nothing.

That's all I have for today. Thanks for your time.

Here's the link: http://fightcf.cff.org/site/TR/GreatStrides/120_Southern_California_Los_Angeles?px=2247535&pg=personal&fr_id=3288

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment