Monday, March 9, 2015

The Three Strike Rule... slowly coming back

One of the columns I used to write on a regular basis for Popdose was The Three Strike Rule. It was a weekly (!) review of some television series, usually new, based on its first three episodes. With the advent of instant opinions available on the web, I started to fall behind on my reviews and, frankly, lost some interest.

With binge watching and people discovering shows both new and old every day, I've decided to give it a try again. I'm not out to impress anyone, just offer my two cents and maybe start some conversations.

I must also admit that I felt some apprehension writing about television during a period of time when I was submitting spec pilot scripts to managers and agents. But you know what, I'm forty-frickin-five, so if someone wants to hire me they would have done it by now. I'm giving up, mind you, but I'm tired of holding back on writing about the subjects that I enjoy.

I love telkevision, and I do enjoy writing about it. I also enjoy podcasting about TV (which I've been doing for a couple of years), so perhaps this renewed energy for The Three Strike Rule will lead to something new and exciting.

Is that a hint?

Anyway, here's a link to the latest Three Strike Rule over on Popdose.

Aloha


No comments:

Post a Comment