Tuesday, April 2, 2013

And... I'm back!

One of the downfalls of my writing nature is that the moment I get caught up in a project something else gets neglected. I began writing two new scripts in the past month and the blog took the hit. Sorry! However, I left with a strong post for people to mull over. Great Strides is less than a months away and I hope those of you reading this book blog will take the time to consider donating.

Exactly what have I been up to? Glad you asked.

First of all, on the book front, I've entered Basement Songs into a couple of indie book contests. Not sure how it will do, but I hope that those who read it might pass it along to a friend. I also continue to query about reviews for music magazines and blogs.

Elsewhere, I've started the work on a new series for Popdose. It doesn't have anything to do with basements, but there is music involved. When it gets closer to the premiere I'll let everyone know.

The scripts I'm working on have nothing to do with each other. One is a teen driven sports drama, the other is a horror noir pilot based on a comic book I co-wrote three years ago.

Oh, and I just came up with my next book idea!

We were visiting my parents this weekend and my dad pulled out a box of old family photos that date back to the early 1900s. Hearing Dad talk about the family history and his own youth in the 40s and 50s conjured up a whole bunch of ideas and themes that I've been dying to write about. For now I have to do a lot of research, but I'm excited to write something that draws on the Malchus family past.

As I said, we visited my folks in Tucson over the holiday and I heard the new Patty Griffin song from her upcoming album. It's pretty special.

Follow the link to hear it: https://soundcloud.com/newwestrecords/patty-griffin-ohio

That's all for today. Happy April! Go Indians (who won their season opener today) and please give to CF!

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment